Saturday, July 01, 2006

MY GIRL


My Girl. A hit K-series in Asia and is now being aired in one of the national channels. lol. don't want to give free publicity. hehe.
For the record, I too am a fan of this series. And just like every fan here in the Philippines I wait til 10 in the evening just to see the show. The first time I saw the advertisement of this series, it really caught my attention and I anticipated for the premiere night of this series. And I was not disappointed with the characters and the actors who portrayed them. I mean its the first comical korean sitcom that ive seen that the main male and female characters looked so good, that they had a very good chemistry going on.




The main male character played by Lee Dong-Wook, plays as Seol Gong-Chan aka "Julian" here in Phil. was cast perfectly for the part. The character Seol Gong-Chan "Julian", is the only heir of the owner of the L'Avenuel Hotel, one of the top hotels in SK, is a stubborn and inflexible guy who would do everything so as to fulfill his grandfather's dying request, that is to be reunited with his long lost granddaughter who is also Gong-Chan's cousin. And so Gong-Chan decided to hire Yoo-Rin to pretend that she was his long lost cousin.


The main female character played by Lee Da Hae is Joo Yoo-Rin aka "Jasmine" a happy-go-lucky type, who despite of her father's obessessive gambling problems, has always found ways to repay her father's debts, but most of the time they had no choice but to go into hiding to escape the rough hands of her fathers debtors and because of this it made her fluent in speaking english, chinese and japanese aside from her native tongue due to constant moving. Da Hae was also the one who played the girl in Green Rose who only sobbed the entire time. Her acting in My Girl improved a lot and she gave life to the character that she was portraying.

Lee Jun-Ki, a very popular uprising star in Korea played the character of Seo Jung-Woong aka "Nico" who is a son of one the major shareholder's in Gong-Chan family's company, who is also the bestfriend of Seol Gong-Chan. He is known as a playboy who loves to woo women and always gets away with it, but when Yoo-Rin came into action his whole life and perception about girls and also about love changed as he falls deep for Yoo-Rin who is now slowly falling for his bestfriend Gong-Chan.

Park Si-Yeon plays as Gong-Chan's girlfriend Kim Seo-Hyun aka "Anika" is a rising star in the tennis world, left Gong-Chan to face his problems alone and pursued her wish to become a tennis world champion. Now that she has achieved her ultimate dream, she decides to come back to Seoul to look for Gong-Chan and to restore their relationship. But when Yoo-Rin, Gong-Chan's so called cousin came into the picture she is now jealous and tries her best to keep Gong-Chan and Yoo-Rin apart because she thinks she is trying to steal Gong-Chan away from her.

I've searched many fan sites and all seemed pleased with the series and the chemistry between Lee Dong-Wook and Lee Da-Hae and so do I. My Girl is a 16 episode K-drama series but eventhough it is quite short critics says that viewers aren't left with open-ended endings like other K-drama series. My Girl is a series that is both hilarious and also the type that can make you weep.

I don't know if this picture can be clearly seen but this was the scene last thursday (June 29, 2006). I really like this episode. It was kind of sad though but at the same time it gives you goosebumps and a feeling of "kilig" because he was kind of afraid of losing Yoo-Rin and that he was just too stubborn to admit to himself that he has grown fond of her.
I can't wait for this episode. Finally, he has surrendered and admitted his feelings. Why can't people be just like that? Fear of Rejection, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home