Forgive.. and just forget???
Forgiveness is easier said than done. It’s easy to say that you're over with it and had moved on. But frankly speaking you are still hurt deep inside. They say it is our DUTY or OBLIGATION to forgive those who have sinned against us, because God made the exact same thing to us humans. But if you think about it, I find it quite amusing or rather ironic, for the reason that we are MERE human beings. We have the tendency to screw things up and mess up our lives and the lives of the people surrounding us. We always commit mistakes no matter how cautious we are about other peoples feelings, because even though we think about them, it is ourselves that we give much value off. And when someone we trusted and thought we knew so well, have done something so wretched and cursed, it is never easy to just say "you are forgiven". Forgive and forget is not the option for most people. Grudges are kept and the intense feeling of revenge rules the heart and also the mind. It becomes a poison that sucks the life out of you, and all you can think of is how to get even with that person. If someone you thought cared about you the same way you cared about them, just played with you and your feelings, I can certainly assume that you would curse that person, and swear to yourself that you will never let anything like that ever happen again. And then you try to convince yourself that it had a sole purpose why it happened to you, and you keep on telling to yourself that you have already forgiven that person. But recently as I was pondering about my life, I came across a feeling that I thought had been diminished inside my mind and heart. I can't say that i had that door entirely closed, because the pain is still there. I guess moving on is the hardest thing a person can ever do. I mean its easy to act as if you don't give a damn, but when confronted with your own feelings, you just surrender and admit to yourself that it is still there. The hatred and regret of the things said and left unsaid. Once i read in a tshirt print that, sometimes in this world somethings are better off left unsaid. But the thought just keeps on haunting you and peace of mind is never achieved. Those buried feelings deep inside are trying to awaken again and the more you try to dodge that feeling the more persistent it becomes. Emotions that aren't there anymore just rises from its deep slumber and heart wretching feelings come to live. When this happens you try your best to cover things up, so no one can ever know. Specially that someone that gave you such great pain and sorrow. And it becomes more harder each time when you meet each other's eyes in the hallways and in the streets. Those are the times that the most happiest moments of your life together relives and the tragic part starts to tag along. I would like to qoute something from Elizabeth 1:
"The hardest thing to govern, is the heart." and may I add, "...the heart and human emotion."
"The hardest thing to govern, is the heart." and may I add, "...the heart and human emotion."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home