Monday, October 06, 2008

my first night in manila

Earlier today, I took the first flight to Manila from Davao. I didn't cry when I said goodbye to my friends, my mom and brother. Walking alone for the first time was quite strange. When they called out for boarding, my mom called and checked if I had arrived at the right gate. I felt a sense of missing already, even though we're just a few miles away. The moment that the plane began to taxi and as we were about to take off, tears fell to my face. I couldn't help myself from crying at the exact moment. I just stared at the window, so as to not alarm the person sitting beside me. Afterwhich, I shut my eyes and went to sleep for awhile. A few minutes before we were to reach the airport, I woke up and looked down the window and saw Metro Manila.
Now Im living in Manila with my dad.
It's nice that I would be sort of independent, in a way that I no longer entrust everything that I need to my yaya.
Today, just after arriving at my dad's condo unit, I automatically cleaned up the very messy small kitchen. I can't remember the last time I cleaned that much in my life. With the exception of the mandatory cleaning during grade school and secondary education.
Tonight, I'll sleep in a very unfamiliar room, using an unfamiliar bed and to feel an unfamiliar feeling of being somewhat alone.
Tomorrow is another new day. SO, I better get some sleep. lol
Til my next adventure in my NEW CITY. Looking forward to what life may unfold to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home